Borders in Globalization is inviting paper proposals for our upcoming conference, entitled ‘Borders, Politics, and Policies: Using Data to Power Border Research.’ This conference will be held in Strasbourg, France, on June 3rd and 4th, 2024. We invite proposals for individual papers from academics across disciplines, which are utilizing innovative data to address the policy challenges shaping Europe’s internal and peripheral border policies through a comparative perspective.
This conference is being organized with the support of the Transfrontier Euro-Institut Network (TEIN, Kehl, Germany) and the Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po Strasbourg, University of Strasbourg, France). Conference Registration will be available at the end of March 2024.
Students and professionals in all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
– Theoretical and methodological issues concerning the development and use of quantitative datasets in border studies.
– Analyses of the various crises shaping European borders using data from our Jean Monnet Network (JMN) BIG_Database, and/or other data sets and databases.
– Analyses of borders and border policies comparing the European Union and EU member states to other regional organization or states.
– Explorations of the ways in which quantitative data can deepen our understanding of border politics and policies.
– Discussion and theoretical justification of dataset construction and early results from database analyses.
40 travel & accommodation grants will be available to awarded applicants.
Please submit your proposal (maximum 500 words) to [email protected] no later than March 4th, 2024 at 12:00 midnight (PST): Accepted applicants will be notified by March 25th, 2024.
Your proposal should be a maximum of 500 words (including biography, name, and title) and should include the following:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Current position, organization, and country of applicant
– Contact email address and telephone number
The conference will be held primarily in-person; please indicate in your submission whether you are only able to attend virtually.
View the full Call for Papers here.