The Borders in Globalization Project at UVic's Centre for Global Studies presents
What: "Borders in Globalization: A Symposium with International Scholars": The Borders in Globalization Project will host an afternoon symposium, showcasing the work of its international colleagues on borders and border regions around the world.
- Dr. Todd Hataley, Royal Military College of Canada
- Dr. Martin van der Velde, Radboud University Nijmegen (The Netherlands)
- Dr. Birte Wassenberg, Centre Raymond Poidevin, IEP, Université Strasbourg (France)
- Dr. Bernard Reitel, IFD/Discontinuités, Université d’Artois (France)
- Dr. Alex Bukh, Victoria University of Wellington (New Zealand)
- Dr. Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly, University of Victoria
- Dr. Victor Konrad, Carleton University
- Dr. David Davidson, Western Washington University
- Dr. Melissa Gauthier, University of Victoria
- Sarah Grünendahl, PhD Candidate visiting fellow at the University of Victoria
- Tatsiana Shaban, PhD Candidate at the University of Victoria
When: Monday, April 13 2015 from 1:30pm to 4:30pm Where: Room 120, Harry Hickman Building, UVic
Program for the Symposium:
Chair: Dr. Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly
Discussant: Dr. Todd Hateley, Royal Military College of Canada
Territorial disputes in Northeast Asia: View from the antipodes with Dr. Alexander Bukh.
Greening the ‘Green Line’ in Cyprus with Dr. Victor Konrad.
Chair: Dr. Helga Hallgrimsdottir, University of Victoria
Discussant: Dr. Melissa Gauthier, University of Victoria
The history of cross-border cooperation in Europe: between management of proximity & Neighbourhood Policy with Dr. Birte Wassenberg and Dr. Bernard Reitel.
Borders in Globalisation: The European voice in a global dialogue with Dr. Martin van der Velde.